Reformation of the gas industry in china and lessons drawn for Vietnam
During the prolonged period of low oil prices, many countries in Asia, including China, are taking advantage of this opportunity to restructure their gas industry towards liberalisation of the gas market. In China, the restructuring marked the end of the "cost plus" pricing mechanism that lasted more than 50 years in the country’s gas industry. Current gas prices are indexed on the price of alternative energies and prices of natural gas are not only regulated by the government but also by supply-demand balance. However, the restructuring process has shown advantages and disadvantages in China’s management and pricing mechanism. These experiences could be lessons for Vietnam in the process of implementing plans and building a roadmap towards a liberalised gas market.
2. BP. BP energy outlook 2035. 2017.
3. Miranda Wainberg, Michelle Michot Foss, Gürcan Gülen, Daniel Quijano. Current and future natural gas demand in China and India. 2017.
4. SIA Energy. China gas market outlook and opportunities for Japan. 2017.
5. BP. BP statistic review of world energy. 2017.
7. Michael Ratner, Gabriel M.Nelson, Susan V.Lawrence. China’s natural gas: Uncertainty for markets. Congressional research service. May 2, 2016.
8. ht tp: / /www.marcon. com/pr int_index .cfm?SectionListsID=30&PageID=2803.
9. Xunpeng Shi, Hari Malamakkavu Padinjare Variam. China’s gas market liberalisation: The impact on China - Australia gas trade. 2015.
10. Aolin Hu, Qing Dong. On natural gas pricing reform in China. Natural gas industry B. 2015; 2(4): p. 374 - 382.
11. Konoplyanick. Formation of gas pricing system in North-East Asia: European & US influence. 2012.
12. Sergey Paltsev, Danwei Zhang. Natural gas pricing reform in China: Getting closer to a market system?. Energy policy. 2015; 86: p. 43 - 56.
13. Phan Ngọc Trung, Nguyễn Thị Thanh Lê. Định giá khí trên thế giới và xu hướng định giá khí tại Việt Nam. Tạp chí Dầu khí. 2017; 8: trang 41 - 50.
14. Michael Chen. The development of Chinese gas pricing: Drivers, challenges and implications for demand. The Oxford institute for energy studies. 2014.
15. PVN. Báo cáo quy hoạch tổng thể phát triển ngành công nghiệp khí Việt Nam đến năm 2025, định hướng đến năm 2035. 2017.
1. The Author assigns all copyright in and to the article (the Work) to the Petrovietnam Journal, including the right to publish, republish, transmit, sell and distribute the Work in whole or in part in electronic and print editions of the Journal, in all media of expression now known or later developed.
2. By this assignment of copyright to the Petrovietnam Journal, reproduction, posting, transmission, distribution or other use of the Work in whole or in part in any medium by the Author requires a full citation to the Journal, suitable in form and content as follows: title of article, authors’ names, journal title, volume, issue, year, copyright owner as specified in the Journal, DOI number. Links to the final article published on the website of the Journal are encouraged.