Preparation of MCM-41 supported WO3 catalyst and its performance in oxidative desulfurisation
The mesoporous material MCM-41 has been successfully synthesised by hydrothermal method using silica sources extracted from Vietnamese bentonite and cetyltrimethyl ammonium bromide (CTAB) as template. WO3 catalyst dispersed on support of MCM- 41 by impregnation method with ammonium paratungstate hydrate. The catalytic materials were characterised by X-ray diffraction (XRD), energy dispersive X-ray spectroscopy (EDX), scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and transmission electron microscopy (TEM). The catalytic activity was investigated by oxidative desulfurisation reaction on model fuel oil containing dibenzothiophene (DBT), and commercial diesel. The results showed that with WO 3/MCM-41 catalyst, the oxidation of DBT to sulfoxide (DBT-O2) achieved 98.78% and the removal of commercial diesel 88.2%.
2. K.S.Hui, C.Y.Chao. Synthesis of MCM-41 from coal ﬂ y ash by a green approach: Inﬂ uence of synthesis pH. Journal of Hazardous Materials. 2006; 137(2): p. 1135 - 1148.
3. M.Jaroniec, J.Choma, M.Kruk. On the applicability of the Horwath-Kawazoe method for pore size analysis of MCM-41 and related mesopore material. Studies in Surface Science and Catalysis. 2000; 128: p. 225 - 334.
4. Y.W.Chen, H.Y.Lin. Characteristics of TiMCM-41 and its catalytic properties in oxidation of benzene. Journal of Porous Material. 2002; 9(3): p. 175- 184.
5. Hai Yan Wu, Xiao Li Zhang, Chun Yan Yang, XiChen, Xiu Cheng Zheng. Alkali-hydrothermal synthesis and characterization of W-MCM-41 mesoporous materials with various Si/W molar ratios. Applied Surface Science. 2013; 270: p. 590 - 595.
6. Ming Zhang, Wenshuai Zhu, Huaming Li, Suhang Xun, Wenjing Ding, Jianjun Liu, Zhen Zhao, Qian Wang. One pot synthesis, characterization and desulfurization of functional mesoporous W-MCM-41 from POM-based ionic liquids. Chemical Engineering Journal. 2014; 243: p. 386 - 393.
7. Tewfk Ali-dahmane, Mehdi Adjdir, Rachida Hamacha, Frédéric Villieras, Abdelkader Bengueddach, Peter G.Weidler. The synthesis of MCM-41 nanomaterial from Algerian Bentonite: The eﬀect of the mineral phase contents of clay on the structure properties of MCM-41. Comptes Rendus Chimie. 2014; 17(1): p. 1 - 6.
8. Qingqing Gu, Wenshuai Zhu, Suhang Xun, Yonghui Chang, Jun Xiong, Ming Zhang, Wei Jiang, Fengxia Zhu, Huaming Li. Preparation of highly dispersed tungsten species within mesoporous silica by ionic liquid and their enhanced catalytic activity for oxidative desulfurization. Fuel. 2014; 117(A): p. 667 - 673.
9. Tazul Islam Bhuiyan, Palani Arudra, Muhammad NaseemAkhtar, Abdullah M.Aitani, Raed H.Abudawoud, Mohammed A.Al-Yami, Sulaiman S.Al-Khattaf. Metathesis of 2-butene to propylene over W-mesoporous molecular sieves: A comparative study between tungsten containing MCM-41 and SBA-15. Applied Catalysis A: General. 2013; 467: p. 224 - 234.
10. Hao Chen, Wei Lin Dai, Jing Fa Deng, Kangnian Fan. Novel heterogeneous W-doped MCM-41 catalyst for high selective oxidation of cyclopentene to glutaraldehyde by aqueous H2O2. Catalyst Letters. 2002; 81(1): p. 131 - 136.
11. K.J.Edler, J.W.White. Further improvements in the long-range order of MCM-41 materials. Chemistry of Materials. 1997; 9(5): p. 1226 - 1233.
12. Huaming Yang, Yuehua Deng, Chunfang Du Shengming Jin. Novel synthesis of ordered mesoporous materials Al-MCM-41 from bentonite. Applied Clay Science. 2010; 47(3 - 4): p. 351 - 355.
13. Phạm Xuân Núi, Trần Đình Linh, Nguyễn Hải Hà, Mai Xuân Thắng, Nguyễn Thị Giang, Trần Thị Văn Thi. Tổng hợp và đặc trưng xúc tác nano AgInS2 sử dụng làm chất xúc tác quang cho quá trình khử lưu huỳnh trong diesel. Tạp chí Xúc tác và Hấp phụ. 2015; 4(3): trang 46 - 54.
1. The Author assigns all copyright in and to the article (the Work) to the Petrovietnam Journal, including the right to publish, republish, transmit, sell and distribute the Work in whole or in part in electronic and print editions of the Journal, in all media of expression now known or later developed.
2. By this assignment of copyright to the Petrovietnam Journal, reproduction, posting, transmission, distribution or other use of the Work in whole or in part in any medium by the Author requires a full citation to the Journal, suitable in form and content as follows: title of article, authors’ names, journal title, volume, issue, year, copyright owner as specified in the Journal, DOI number. Links to the final article published on the website of the Journal are encouraged.