Evaluating and proposing technology for removal of H2S from Ca Voi Xanh gas
Ca Voi Xanh gas field is expected to be put into production in 2023, opening new prospects for Vietnam’s gas industry. However, H2S content in Ca Voi Xanh gas is quite high (approximately 2.500ppmv), thus it should be removed to avoid adverse effects on gas transporting and processing afterward. The absorption, adsorption and membrane technologies are normally used for removing H2S from natural gas. In this study, the authors compared and evaluated these technologies in 2 directions: removing H2S selectively or CO2 and H2S simultaneously to meet the different requirements of treated gas. The result showed that solvent absorption technology can fully meet the technical requirements: H2S can be selectively removed down to 30ppmv and furthermore CO2 can be removed to 8%vol in treated gas if an additional separator is invested. In addition, the authors found that physical solvent technology is more effective than the amine solvent one, with a total investment being 14% lower than in both cases of selective separation of H2S or simultaneous separation of H2S and CO2.
2. Pradyot Patnaik. Handbook of inorganic chemicals. 2001.
3. OSHA. Occupational safety and health administration: Fact sheet - hydrogen sulf de (H2S). 10/2005.
4. Bộ Y tế. Quyết định về ban hành 21 tiêu chuẩn vệ sinh lao động, 05 nguyên tắc và 07 thông số vệ sinh lao động. Số 3733/2002/QĐ-BYT. 2002.
5. Bộ Tài nguyên và Môi trường. Quy chuẩn kỹ thuật Quốc gia về một số chất độc hại trong không khí xung quanh. QCVN 06:2009/BTNMT. 2009.
6. Marco Bergel, Ignacio Tierno. Sweetening technologies - A look at the whole picture. 2004.
7. UOP. UOP SelexolTM technology for acid gas remove. 2009.
8. Gulf Professional Publishing. Gas processing handbook. 2012.
9. Maurice Stewart, Ken E.Arnold. Gas sweetening and processing f eld manual. Elsevier. 2011.
10. BASF. Blue Whale Project: Selective H2S removal unit. PVPro, Vietnam. 2014.
11. Uhde. Technical information, H2S removal plant Blue Whale gas f eld. PVPro, Vietnam. 2014.
12. Gary J.Nagl. The state of liquid redox. Gas Technology Products. 2004.
13. Arthur L.Kohl, Richard B.Nielsen. Gas Purif cation. Elsevier. 1997.
14. UOP. Development of natural gas f elds with high CO2 in Vietnam. 2009.
15. US Department of Energy/National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL). Acid gas removal technology survey and screening thermochemical ethanol synthesis. 2009.
16. Roointon Pavri, Gerald D.Moore. Gas turbine emissions and control. GE Power Systems. 2009.
17. Hador Topsoe. Blue Whale CO2-rich NG utilization 3000 MTPD MeOH, 1-step reforming. PVPro, Vietnam. 2014.
18. Wuhan Engineeriing Co., LTD. Ca Mau Fertilizer Plant - Ammonia Unit, Design Basis of Ammonia Unit.
19. UOP. 13114 Blue Whale project. PVPro, Vietnam. 2014.
1. The Author assigns all copyright in and to the article (the Work) to the Petrovietnam Journal, including the right to publish, republish, transmit, sell and distribute the Work in whole or in part in electronic and print editions of the Journal, in all media of expression now known or later developed.
2. By this assignment of copyright to the Petrovietnam Journal, reproduction, posting, transmission, distribution or other use of the Work in whole or in part in any medium by the Author requires a full citation to the Journal, suitable in form and content as follows: title of article, authors’ names, journal title, volume, issue, year, copyright owner as specified in the Journal, DOI number. Links to the final article published on the website of the Journal are encouraged.