Corrosion assessment for gas pipelines of Ca Voi Xanh gas field
In this study, corrosion assessment for the gas pipelines of Ca Voi Xanh gas field (block 118) was performed in the laboratory using weight-loss method. The results showed that in gas phase simulating the top of Ca Voi Xanh gas pipelines, the corrosion rates are not very high (below 0.25mmpy). However, in liquid phase simulating the bottom of gas pipelines, the corrosion rates are at very high level. It is, therefore, necessary to apply the appropriate corrosion monitoring and control measures such as corrosion-resistant alloy lining, or corrosion inhibitors in combination with coating.
2. Pierre R.Roberge. Handbook of corrosion engineering. Mc Graw Hill. 2002.
3. Lekan Taofeek Popoola, Alhaji Shehu Grema, Ganiyu Kayode Latinwo, Babagana Gutti, Adebori Saheed Balogun. Corrosion problems during oil and gas production and its mitigation. International Journal of Industrial Chemistry. 2013.
4. NACE International. Petroleum and natural gas industries - Materials for use in H2S containing enviroments in oil and gas production. ANSI/NACE MR0175/ISO 15156. 2015.
5. NACE International. Standard practice - Control of internal corrosion in steel pipelines and piping system. NACE SP 0106-2006. 2006.
6. ASTM International. Standard practice for laboratory immersion corrosion testing of metals. ASTM G31-72. 2004.
7. ASTM International. Standard practice for preparing, cleaning and evaluation corrosion test specimens ASTM G1-03. 2011.8. NACE International. Standard recommended practice for preparation, installlation, analysis and interpretation of corrosion coupons in oilfield operations. NACE Standard RP0775-2005. 2005.
9. American Petroleum Institute. Specification for linepipe. API Specifcation 5L/ISO 3183. 2007.
1. The Author assigns all copyright in and to the article (the Work) to the Petrovietnam Journal, including the right to publish, republish, transmit, sell and distribute the Work in whole or in part in electronic and print editions of the Journal, in all media of expression now known or later developed.
2. By this assignment of copyright to the Petrovietnam Journal, reproduction, posting, transmission, distribution or other use of the Work in whole or in part in any medium by the Author requires a full citation to the Journal, suitable in form and content as follows: title of article, authors’ names, journal title, volume, issue, year, copyright owner as specified in the Journal, DOI number. Links to the final article published on the website of the Journal are encouraged.