Efficiency of managed pressure drilling technology for oil and gas wells in vietnam and building a computing model for determining managed pressure drilling parameters for wells in Cuu Long basin
Managed pressure drilling technology has been studied and widely applied in the oil and gas drilling activities. This technology enables safe execution under complex and risky conditions such as narrow drilling windows, deep water, fractured rocks, abnormal pressure and temperature, etc., in which the conventional drilling technology is not appropriate. The paper presents studies evaluating the efficiency of the managed pressure drilling method when drilling through these complicated conditions in Vietnam and building a model to calculate the managed pressure drilling parameters for wells in the Cuu Long basin under high pressure, high temperature conditions (HPHT).
2. Erdem Tercan. Managed pressure drilling techniques, equipment & applications. Middle East Technical University. 2010.
3. Ben Gedge, Harpreet Kaur Dalgit Singh, Elsofron Bandico Refugio, Bao Ta Quoc, Nguyen Viet Bot. Managed pressure drilling - A solution for drilling the challenging and uni-drillable well in Vietnam and South Easst Asia. SPE Asia Pacific Oil and Gas Conference and Exhibition, Jakarta, Indonesia. 22 - 24 October, 2013.
4. Nguyễn Khắc Long, Nguyễn Văn Thành, Trương Văn Từ, Nguyễn Văn Khương. Nghiên cứu cơ sở xác định phản áp bề mặt trong công nghệ khoan kiểm soát áp suất. Tạp chí Khoa học kỹ thuật Mỏ - Địa chất. 2015; 49: trang 13 - 17.
5. API. Recommended practive 13D - Rheology and hydraulics of oil-well drilling fluids. 2009.
6. Cuu Long JOC. Drilling problem for well X.
7. Ben Gedge. Managed pressure drilling applllied to manage ECD in an HPHT Clastic Formation in Vietnam. SPE MPD/USD ATW-Penang, Malaysia. 2011.
8. Maren Maland. Managed pressure drilling. Norwegian University of Science and Technology, ORGE, Department of Petroleum Engineering and Applied Geophysics. 2013.
9. Steve William Nas, Benjamin J.Gedge, Felbert Palao, Viet Bot Nguyen. Advantages of managed pressure drilling and the recent deployment of the technology in Vietnam. IADC/SPE Asia Pacific Drilling Technology Conference and Exhibition, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. 1 - 3 November, 2010.
1. The Author assigns all copyright in and to the article (the Work) to the Petrovietnam Journal, including the right to publish, republish, transmit, sell and distribute the Work in whole or in part in electronic and print editions of the Journal, in all media of expression now known or later developed.
2. By this assignment of copyright to the Petrovietnam Journal, reproduction, posting, transmission, distribution or other use of the Work in whole or in part in any medium by the Author requires a full citation to the Journal, suitable in form and content as follows: title of article, authors’ names, journal title, volume, issue, year, copyright owner as specified in the Journal, DOI number. Links to the final article published on the website of the Journal are encouraged.