The crude oil market in 2019 and outlook for 2020
In 2020, the Brent crude oil price is forecasted to average USD 62/barrel. Tightening oil supply is expected as OPEC’s and Russia’s commitment to production cuts will be extended until the end of next year. The oil products market will be much more volatile as the new sulphur cap of marine fuels will impact the shift of crude oil trade flows. In 2020, around 2.7 million barrels per day of high sulphur fuel oil (FO) will be replaced with low sulphur fuel; there will be increases in the marine gas oil (MGO) demand and very low sulphur fuel oil (VLSFO) as a replacement for low sulphur fuel oil (LSFO). LNG used for shipping is expected to increase by 70% between 2019 - 2020.
2. Wood Mackenzie. Macro oils short-term outlook. 2019.
3. Wood Mackenzie. Macro oils long-term outlook. 2019.
4. Wood Mackenzie. Asia product markets short-term outlook. 2019.
1. The Author assigns all copyright in and to the article (the Work) to the Petrovietnam Journal, including the right to publish, republish, transmit, sell and distribute the Work in whole or in part in electronic and print editions of the Journal, in all media of expression now known or later developed.
2. By this assignment of copyright to the Petrovietnam Journal, reproduction, posting, transmission, distribution or other use of the Work in whole or in part in any medium by the Author requires a full citation to the Journal, suitable in form and content as follows: title of article, authors’ names, journal title, volume, issue, year, copyright owner as specified in the Journal, DOI number. Links to the final article published on the website of the Journal are encouraged.