Risk management in petroleum exploration and production: Some analyses and recommendations
Risk management of upstream activities is investigated from 2 perspectives: the system at the company level and the approach, tool, and techniques at the project level. To map out the current status of the system, the authors use Deloitte Capability Maturity Model. Regarding the tools and techniques, the deterministic and probabilistic approaches are used in risk analysis. Input information is the results of survey conducted in some units and analysis of relevant data in the decision-making process for oil and gas exploration and production projects. On that basis, some recommendations have been made in order to strengthen Petrovietnam’s risk management in upstream projects.
2. Hoàng Thị Đào, Nguyễn Đức Minh. Mô hình quản trị rủi ro doanh nghiệp theo thông lệ quốc tế. Tạp chí Dầu khí. 2018; 1: trang 53 - 60.
3. Deloitte. Survey report enterprise risk management models. VPI Archives. 2016.
4. Nguyễn Thị Thanh Lê và nnk. Xây dựng quy trình đánh giá rủi ro trong các dự án thăm dò khai thác của Tập đoàn Dầu khí Việt Nam. Viện Dầu khí Việt Nam. 2018
5. The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA). The three lines of defense in effective risk management and control. 2013.
6. International Organization for Standardization. Risk management - Principles and guidelines. ISO 31000:2009.
7. Ivan Pham. COSO ERM and cyber risk in oil & gas industry. Petrovietnam Journal. 2018; 6: p. 71 - 74.
8. Michael Rees. Risk management in an uncertain world: From operations to strategy - Benefits and challenges. Petrovietnam Journal. 2018; 6: p. 61 - 70
1. The Author assigns all copyright in and to the article (the Work) to the Petrovietnam Journal, including the right to publish, republish, transmit, sell and distribute the Work in whole or in part in electronic and print editions of the Journal, in all media of expression now known or later developed.
2. By this assignment of copyright to the Petrovietnam Journal, reproduction, posting, transmission, distribution or other use of the Work in whole or in part in any medium by the Author requires a full citation to the Journal, suitable in form and content as follows: title of article, authors’ names, journal title, volume, issue, year, copyright owner as specified in the Journal, DOI number. Links to the final article published on the website of the Journal are encouraged.