Production of green gasoline and light olefins by cracking of triglyceride-rich biomass over nano-ZSM-5/SBA-15 analog composites with variable Si/Al ratios
Nano-ZSM-5/SBA-15 analog composites (ZSC) with different Si/Al molar ratios were prepared and their performance was evaluated in catalytic cracking of triglyceride-rich biomass. It was found that the initial Si/Al ratio used in the synthesis mixture performance of ZSC catalysts in catalytic cracking of triglyceride-rich biomass.
2. G.W.Huber, A.Corma. Synergies between bio- and oil refineries for the production of fuels from biomass. Angewandte Chemie International Edition. 2007; 46(38): p. 7184 - 7201.
3. K.D.Maher, D.C.Bressler. Pyrolysis of triglyceride materials for the production of renewable fuels and chemicals. Bioresource Technology. 2007; 98(12): p. 2351 - 2368.
4. R.O.Idem, S.P.R.Katikaneni, N.N.Bakhshi. Catalytic conversion of canola oil to fuels and chemicals: roles of catalyst acidity, basicity and shape selectivity on product distribution. Fuel Processing Technology. 1997; 51(1, 2): p. 101 - 125.
5. D.Chen, N.I.Tracy, D.W.Crunkleton, G.L.Price. Comparison of canola oil conversion over MFI, BEA, and FAU. Applied Catalysis A: General. 2010; 384(1, 2): p. 206 - 212.
6. F.A.Twaiq, N.A.M.Zabidi, S.Bhatia. Catalytic conversion of palm oil to hydrocarbons: performance of various zeolite catalysts. Industrial Engineering Chemistry Research. 1999; 38(9): p. 3230 - 3237.
7. S.P.R.Katikaneni, J.D.Adjaye, R.O.Idem, N.N.Bakhshi. Catalytic conversion of canola oil over potassiumimpregnated HZSM-5 catalysts: C2-C4 olefin production and model reaction studies. Industrial Engineering Chemistry Research. 1996; 35(10): p. 3332 - 3346.
8. J.A.Botas, D.P.Serrano, A.Garcia, R.Ramos. Catalytic conversion of rapeseed oil for the production of raw chemicals, fuels and carbon nanotubes over Ni-modified nanocrystalline and hierarchical ZSM-5. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental. 2014; 145: p. 205 - 215.
9. Vu Xuan Hoan, Nguyen Sura, Dang Thanh Tung, Phan Minh Quoc Binh, Nguyen Anh Duc, U.Armbruster, A.Martin. Catalytic cracking of triglyceride-rich biomass toward lower olefins over a Nano-ZSM-5/SBA-15 analog composite. Catalysts. 2015; 5(4): p. 1692 - 1703.
10. Z.Nawaz, T.Xiaoping, F.Wei. Influence of operating conditions, Si/Al ratio and doping of zinc on Pt-Sn/ZSM-5 catalyst for propane dehydrogenation to propene. Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering. 2009; 26(6): p. 1528 - 1532.
11. X.Zhu, S.Liu, Y.Song, L.Xu. Catalytic cracking of C4 alkenes to propene and ethene: Influences of zeolites pore structures and Si/Al2 ratios. Applied Catalysis A: General. 2005; 288(1 - 2): p. 134 - 142.
12. Vu Xuan Hoan, U.Bentrup, M.Hunger, R.Kraehnert, U.Armbruster, A.Martin. Direct synthesis of nanosized-ZSM-5/SBA-15 analog composites from preformed ZSM-5 precursors for improved catalytic performance as cracking catalyst. Journal of Materials Science. 2014; 49(16): p. 5676
13. C.H.Cheng, G.Juttu, S.F.Mitchell, D.F.Shantz. Synthesis, characterization and growth rates of aluminumand Ge, Al-substituted silicalite-1 materials grown from clear solutions. Journal Of Physical Chemistry B. 2006; 110(45): p. 22488 - 22495.
14. Q.Li, Z.Wu, B.Tu, S.S.Park, C.S.Ha, D.Zhao. Highly hydrothermal stability of ordered mesoporous
aluminosilicates Al-SBA-15 with high Si/Al ratio. Microporous And Mesoporous Materials. 2010; 135(1 - 3): p. 95 - 104.
15. A.Ungureanu, B.Dragoi, V.Hulea, T.Cacciaguerra, D.Meloni, V.Solinas, E.Dumitriu. Effect of aluminium incorporation by the “pH-adjusting” method on the structural, acidic and catalytic properties of mesoporous SBA-15. Microporous and Mesoporous Material. 2012; 163: p. 51 - 64.
16. Z.Luan, J.A.Fournier. In situ FTIR spectroscopic investigation of active sites and adsorbate interactions in mesoporous aluminosilicate SBA-15 molecular sieves. Microporous and Mesoporous Material. 2005; 79(1 - 3): p. 235 - 240.
17. M.Stocker. Gas phase catalysis by zeolites. Microporous and Mesoporous Material. 2005; 82(3): p. 257 - 292.
18. Vu Xuan Hoan, M.Schneider, U.Bentrup, Dang Thanh Tung, Phan Minh Quoc Binh, Nguyen Anh Duc, U.Armbruster, A.Martin. Hierarchical ZSM-5 materials for an enhanced formation of gasoline-range hydrocarbons and light olefins in catalytic cracking of triglyceride-rich biomass.
Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research. 2015; 54(6): p. 1773 - 1782.
1. The Author assigns all copyright in and to the article (the Work) to the Petrovietnam Journal, including the right to publish, republish, transmit, sell and distribute the Work in whole or in part in electronic and print editions of the Journal, in all media of expression now known or later developed.
2. By this assignment of copyright to the Petrovietnam Journal, reproduction, posting, transmission, distribution or other use of the Work in whole or in part in any medium by the Author requires a full citation to the Journal, suitable in form and content as follows: title of article, authors’ names, journal title, volume, issue, year, copyright owner as specified in the Journal, DOI number. Links to the final article published on the website of the Journal are encouraged.