New approach to drill bit performance evaluation with "Mechanical Specific Energy-MSE"
The evaluation of the drill bit performance is very important in the selection of bit type and drilling practice parameters for the next bit run and coming new wells. The rate of penetration, bit life, and cost per metre, etc... are the technical and economic values which are used to measure the performance of bit through a conventionally statistical method. The new approach to bit performance evaluation with "Mechanical Specific Energy (MSE)" allows the engineer to select the right bit type and drilling parameters for various drilling intervals to get an accurate assessment of the bit performance and direct destruction of rock.
2. Dinh Huu Khang, Vu Thien Luong, Nguyen Thanh Truong. Bit selection/optimization in drilling Hard/Abrasive granite Vietsovpetro’s fields. Ha Noi 2002.
3. Fred E.Dupriest, Joseph William Witt, Stephen Matthew Remmert. Maximizing ROP with real-time analysis of digital data MSE. International Petroleum Technology Conference, Doha, Qatar. 21 - 23 November, 2005.
4. R.Teale. The concept of specific energy in rock drilling. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences & Geomechanics Abstracts. 1965; 2(1): p. 57 - 73.
5. А.И. Спивак, А.Н. Попов - Разрушение горных пород при бурении скважин.
6. Robert J.Waughman, John V.Kenner, Ross A.Moore. Real-time specific energy monitoring reveals drilling inefficiency and enhances the understanding of when to pull worn PDC bits. IADC/SPE Drilling Conference, Dallas, Texas. 26 - 28 February, 2002.
1. The Author assigns all copyright in and to the article (the Work) to the Petrovietnam Journal, including the right to publish, republish, transmit, sell and distribute the Work in whole or in part in electronic and print editions of the Journal, in all media of expression now known or later developed.
2. By this assignment of copyright to the Petrovietnam Journal, reproduction, posting, transmission, distribution or other use of the Work in whole or in part in any medium by the Author requires a full citation to the Journal, suitable in form and content as follows: title of article, authors’ names, journal title, volume, issue, year, copyright owner as specified in the Journal, DOI number. Links to the final article published on the website of the Journal are encouraged.